Computational Fluid Dynamics, Rarefied Gas Dynamics
Phone: (+86) 27- 87542417-8220
Academic Areas: Computational Fluid Dynamics, Rarefied Gas Dynamics
Research Interests: Gas kinetic scheme, Cartesian grid method, Moving boundary method, Rarefied gas dynamics, hypersonic gas dynamics
Ph.D. in fluid dynamics, 2012, Peking University;
BA in theoretical and applied mechanics, 2002, Peking University.
Associate Professor (2008-present), School of Civil Engineering and Mechanics, Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
Postdoctoral fellow (2012-2015), Department of Mathematics, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology;
Research Assistant(2011-2012), Department of Mathematics, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
1. Chen, S.Z. and Xu, K. (2015). "A comparative study of an asymptotic preserving scheme and unified gas-kinetic scheme in continuum flow limit". J. Comput. Phys., 2015, 288: 52-65.
2. Chen, S.Z., Xu, K. and Cai, Q.D. (2015). "A Comparison and Unification of Ellipsoidal Statistical and Shakhov BGK Models". Adv. Appl. Math. Mech., 2015, 7(2): 245-266.
3. Chen, S.Z., Xu, K. and Lee, C.B. (2012). "The dynamic mechanism of a moving Crookes radiometer". Physics of Fluids, 2012, 24(11): 111701.
4. Chen, S.Z., Xu, K., Lee, C.B. and Cai, Q.D. (2012). "A unified gas kinetic scheme with moving mesh and velocity space adaptation". J. Comput. Phys., 2012, 231: 6643-6664.
5. Chen, S.Z., Jin, C.Q., Li, C.B. and Cai, Q.D. (2011). "Gas-kinetic scheme with discontinuous derivative for flow speed flow computation". J. Comput. Phys., 2011, 230(5): 2045-2059.
6. Xu, K., Luo, J. and Chen, S.Z. (2010). "A well-balanced kinetic scheme for gas dynamic equations under gravitational field". Adv. Appl. Math. Mech., 2010, 2(2): 200-210.
7. Jing, C.Q., Xu, K. and Chen, S.Z. (2010). "A three dimensional gas-kinetic scheme with moving mesh for flow-speed viscous flow computation". Adv. Appl. Math. Mech., 2010, 2(6): 746-762.
8. Peng, H.W., Li, R.Q., Chen, S.Z. and Lee, C.B. (2008). "Correlation dimension analysis and capillary wave turbulence in dragon-wash phenomena". Chinese Physics B, 2008, 17: 637-643.
1. Chen, S.Z., Zhang, C., Zhu, L.H. and Guo, Z.L. (2016). "Asynchronous multi-scale iteration of gas kinetic equations for all Knudsen number flow regimes". The 13th International Conference on Mesoscopic Methods in Engineering and Science (ICMMES 2016), July, 2016, Hamburg, Germany.
2. Chen, S.Z. and Xu, K. (2015). "A Survey of Velocity Adaptive Method for Kinetic Equation". The 9th International Conference on Computational Physics, Jan, 2015, Singapore.
3. Chen, S.Z. and Xu, K. (2014). "A Cartesian grid-based unified gas kinetic scheme". The 29th International Symposium on Rarefied Gas Dynamics, Aug, 2014, Xi'An, China.
1. The ICMMES-Sugon Award, the thirteenth International Conference for Mesoscopic Methods in Engineering and Science, Germany, 2016.
Mesoscopic method based on gas kinetic theory (BA course)
Fundamentals of engineering control (BA course)
1. National Natural Science Foundation of China (Project No. 11602091), “Implicit asynchronous iteration of the unified gas kinetic scheme and its application”, January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2019, Principal Investigator.