Biomass thermal conversion, trace element pollution control
Academic Areas: Biomass thermal conversion, trace element pollution control
Research Interests: Pyrolysis of biomass and model compounds, energy utilization technology of microalgae, life-cycle assessment and deposition of ash during biomass combustion.
Ph.D. in Thermal Engineering, 2010, Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
BA in Thermal and Power Engineering, 2005, Huazhong University of Science and Technology.
Associate Professor (2015-present), State Key Laboratory of Coal Combustion, Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
Lectuer (2012-2015), State Key Laboratory of Coal Combustion, Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
Visiting Post-doctoral Research Fellow (2010-2011), Fuels and Energy Technology Institute, Curtin University, Australia.
1. Erwei Leng, Yang Wang, Xun Gong*, Biao Zhang, Yang Zhang, Minghou Xu*(2016). “Effect of KCl and CaCl2 loading on the formation of reaction intermediates during cellulose fast pyrolysis”. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute 2016 . http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.proci.2016.06.167
2. Biao Zhang, Erwei Leng, Peng Wang, Xun Gong*, Jian Zhang, Yang Zhang, Minghou Xu*.(2015). “Effect of reducing ends on the pyrolysis characteristics and product distribution of cellulose”. Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis.2015，114, 119–126
3. Gong, X.; Yu, Y*.; Gao, X.; Qiao, Y.; Xu, M.*; Wu, H.(2014). “Formation of Anhydro-sugars in the Primary Volatiles and Solid Residues from Cellulose Fast Pyrolysis in a Wire-Mesh Reactor”. Energy & fuels 2014, 28 (8), 5204-5211.
4. Gong, X.; Zhang, B.; Zhang, Y.; Huang, Y.; Xu, M.*(2014) “Investigation on Pyrolysis of Low Lipid Microalgae Chlorella vulgaris and Dunaliella salina”. Energy & fuels 2014, 28, 95−103.
5. Zhang, Y.; Gong, X*.; Zhang, B.; Liu, W.; Xu, M.*(2014). “Potassium catalytic hydrogen production in sorption enhanced gasification of biomass with steam”. International journal of hydrogen energy 2014. 39(9), 4234-4243.
6. Xun Gong, Tao Wu, Yu Qiao, Minghou Xu*(2010). “In Situ Leaching of Trace Elements in a Coal Ash Dump and Time Dependence Laboratory Evaluation”, Energy & Fuels. 2010, 24 (1), pp 84–90
1. First Prize for Science & Technology Development/Achievement of the Ministry of Education 2011
1407861: Powering the Future (BA course)
1406381: Energy, environment and sustainable development (BA course)
121.506: Combustion Theory and Its Applications (MS course)
121.542: Low Carbon Energy Technology (MS course)
121.501.810: Advanced Combustion Concepts and Applications (DS course)
1. National Natural Science Foundation of China (Project No. 51306062), “The Catalysis of AAEM in Primary Reaction of Cellulose Pyrolysis”, January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2016, Principal Investigator.
2. Ph.D. Programs Foundation of Ministry of Education of China (Project No. 20120142120036), “Study on the reaction characteristics of cellulose pyrolysis at different heating rates”. January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2015, Principal Investigator.
3. Project of Natural Science Foundation of Hubei Province(Project No. 2012FFB02218), “Study on catalytic mechanism of alkali metal during pyrolysis of cellulose” . January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2014, Principal Investigator.