Academic Areas: Engineering Thermophysics
Research Interests: Heat transfer and fluid flow in porous media, Phase change heat dissipation technology, Enhancement heat transfer technologies in energy power equipment, Energy conversion and saving technology, Thermophysical problems in nuclear energy equipment.
Ph.D. in Engineering Thermophysics, 2004, Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
BA in Refrigeration and Cryogenic Engineering, 1998, Huazhong University of Science and Technology.
Associate Professor (2005-present), School of Energy and Power Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
Assistant Professor (1998-2005), School of Energy and Power Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
Visiting Scholar(2008-2009), Department of Aerospace Engineering, Carleton University, Canada.
1. X.M. Huang，G.L. Xu. Engineering Thermodynamics. China Power Press, Beijing,2015.
2. W.Liu, X.M. Huang, Z.C. Liu，Theoretical and experimental study for capillary phase change loop, Press of Hua-zhong University of Science and Technology, P.R.China, 2010
3. W. Liu, A.W. Fan, X.M. Huang, Theory and its application of heat and mass transfer in porous media, Science Press, Beijing, P.R.China, 2006
1. Huang, X.M. and Xu, G.L. (2016). " Study on leakage rate of rubber sealing structures based on percolation theory ". Proceedings of the ASME 2016 International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition: Nov. 11-17, 2016, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
2. Huang, X.M., Shang W.L., Zhu X.M. (2016). " Three-dimensional heat and mass transfer analysis in disk evaporator of loop heat pipe". Journal of Thermal Science and Techanology, 2016,03:179 -184.
3. Dai X.C., Huang, X.M., Liu W.(2016). " Simulation Research of the Dynamic Behavior of the Plate Heat Exchanger for the Waste Heat Recovery Application". Energy conservation technology, 2016,03:179 -184.
4. Mi, X. Y., Yu, X., Yao, K. L., Huang, X., Yang, N., & Lü, J. T. (2015) "Enhancing the thermoelectric figure of merit by low-dimensional electrical transport in phonon-glass crystals", Nano Letters, 2015, 15(8), 5229-5234.
5. Fang H.S., Lin J.Z., Zheng L.L., Huang X.M., (2015) "Analysis and Optimization of Czochralski Laser Oxide Crystal Growth ".International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2015, 85: 505-512
6. Long R., Bao Y.J., Huang X.M., Liu W., (2014)" Exergy analysis and working fluid selection of organic Rankine cycle for low grade waste heat recovery", Energy, 2014, 73(14):475-483
7. Fang T., Ming T.Z., Tao C.P., Huang X.M.,(2014) "Analysis of non-uniform heat loads on evaporators with loop heat pipes", Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, 2014, 75(8):313-326
8. Huang, X.M. and Jin X..(2013) "Analysis of vapor blanket formation in the porous wick of a loop heat pipe with high heat load", Proceedings of the ASME 2013 IMECE, 2013, USA
9. Fang H.S., Jin Z.L., Huang X.M.，(2012)"Study and optimization of gas flow and temperature distribution in a Czochralski configuration"，Journal of Crystal Growth, 2012, 361(15 ):114-120
10. Huang, X.M., Yu B.M.,(2013) "Effects of Heat And Mass Transfer of Thin Film Region on the Stability of the Capillary Evaporating Meniscus", Journal of Astronautics, 2013, 34(6):873-880
11. Huang, X.M., Yu B.M.,(2013)"Numerical analysis of variation of capillary evaporating meniscus profile with different operating condition", Journal of Thermal Science and Techanology, 2013,12(2): 102-106
12. Huang, X.M., Jin X.,(2013)" Effect of working fluid on heat transfer of evaporating on heat transfer of evaporating extended meniscus in capillarty channel", Journal of Aerospace Power, 2013,28(12): 2703-2708
13. Huang, X.M., Jin X.,(2013)" Effects of thermophysical properties of working material on heat and mass transfer of evaporating capillary meniscus", J. Huazhong Univ. of Sci. and Tech.(Natural Science Edition), 2013, 41(4): 98-102
14. Huang X.M., Shi K., Huang X. (2011), "Optimal Design of Heat Pipe Based on the Multi-object Genetic Algorithm, Journal of Refrigeration", 2011, 32(2):14-18,
15. Huang X.M., Kaya T.( 2010), "A linear stability analysis based explicit stability criterion of capillary evaporating meniscus", Journal of Astronautics, 2010, 31(5):
16. Huang X.M., Kaya T.(2010), "Heat and mass transfer characteristics and stability of capillary evaporating meniscus", Journal of XI’AN Jiaotong University, 2010, 44(3),
17. Huang X.M., Liu W., Nakayama A.(2005), "Modeling for heat and mass transfer with phase change in porous wick of CPL evaporator", Heat and Mass Transfer, 2005, 41: 667-673
18. Huang X.M., Liu W.(2005), "A mathematical model for analyze heat and mass transfer characteristic of porous wick of CPL evaporator", Heat Transfer- Asian Research, 2005, 34(4): 209-218
19. Huang X.M., Liu W.(2004), "A new model for the heat and mass transfer character of CPL evaporation", Journal of Engineering Thermophysics, 2004, 25, 652~654, , Vol25, No.4
1. University Excellent Teaching Prize, the first prize, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2012.
2. University Excellent Teaching Prize, the first prize, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2006.
Engineering Thermodynamics (BA course)
Heat Transfer (BA course)
Nuclear Safety (BA course)
Heat and Mass Transfer Theory in Porous Media (MS course)
1. National Natural Science Foundation of China (Project No. 51576077), “Research of fractal theory and leakage mechanism in the tightness structure of the reactor containment”, January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2019, Principal Investigator.
2. National Natural Science Foundation of China (Project No. 51106057), “Research of the interface oscillation and its stability mechanism in capillary phase change loop”, January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2014, Principal Investigator.
3. Crosswise Project Supported by China Ship Development and Design Center, " Theory and Simulation Experiment Study on leakage mechanism of pressure vessel ", Sep 2014 to Sep 2016, Principal Investigator.
4. Scientific Research Foundation for the Returned Overseas Chinese Scholars, "Study of interface stability of heated and evaporating capillary meniscus and its influence on the capillary phase change loop system”, April 2011 to April 2012, Principal Investigator.
5. Postdoctoral Sustentation Fundation of China (Project No. 20070420903), “Research of the interface oscillation and its stability mechanism in capillary phase change loop”, January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2014, Principal Investigator.