New Energy Nanomaterials
Academic Areas: New Energy Nanomaterials
Research Interests: Development of metal-organic frameworks (MOFs) for high-performance gas separation and storage; high-thoughput screening techniques; exploration of energy storage devices.
Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, 2014, Vanderbilt University, USA;
MS in Chemical Engineering, 2009, Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea;
BA in Biotechnology, 2006, Shandong University, China.
Associate Professor (2015-present), School of Energy and Power Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
Postodoc Research Fellow (2014-2015), Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Northwestern University, USA.
- Song Li, Y. Gregory Chung, Randall Snurr, “High-throughput Screening of Metal-organic Frameworks for CO2 Capture in the presence of water”, Langmuir, 2016 (in press).
- Peihua Yang,* Kang Liu,* Song Li,* Jia Li, Tianpeng Ding, Qian Chen, Guang Feng and Jun Zhou, “Induced Potential in Porous Carbon Film Through Water Vapor Adsorption”, Angewandte Chemie-International Edition, 2016,55:1-6.
- Song Li, Mengyang Zhu, Guang Feng, “Effects of Dication Symmetry on Electrical Double Layer of Dicationic Ionic Liquids-based Supercapacitors” Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 2016 (in press).
- Guang Feng ,Wei Zhao, Peter Cummings, Song Li,# “Molecular simulation study of dynamical properties of room temperature ionic liquids with carbon pieces”, Science China Chemistry 2016, 59(5): 594-600.
- Jesse G. McDaniel, Song Li, Emmanouil Tyllianakis, Randall Snurr, and Jordan R. Schmidt, “Evaluation of Force Field Performance for High-Throughput Screening of Gas Uptake in Metal-Organic Frameworks”2015, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2015, 119 (6), 3143–3152.
- Guang Feng, Song Li, Wei Zhao, Peter Cummings, “Microstructure of Room Temperature Ionic Liquids at Stepped Graphene Electrodes”, AIChE Journal, 2015 61: 3022–3028.
- Pravas Deria,* Song Li,* Hongda Zhang, Randall Snurr, Omar K. Farha, Joseph T. Hupp, “A MOF Platform for Incorporation of Complementary Organic Motifs for CO2 Binding”, Chemical Communication. 2015, 51, 12478-12481.
- Song Li, Wei Zhao, Guang Feng, Peter T. Cummings, “A Computational Study of Dicationic Ionic Liquids/CO2 Interfaces”, Langmuir, 2015, 31(8):2447-2454.
- Song Li, José Leobardo Bañuelos, Guang Feng, Peter T. Cummings, “Toward Understanding the Structural Heterogeneity and Ion Pair Stability in Dicationic Ionic Liquids”, Soft Matter. 2014, 10, 9193-9200.
- Ahmet Uysal, Hua Zhou, Guang Feng, Sang Soo Lee, Song Li, Paul Fenter, Peter T. Cummings, Pasquale F. Fulvio, Sheng Dai, John McDonough, Yury Gogotsi, “Interfacial Ionic “Liquids”: Connecting Static and Dynamic Structures”, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 2015: 27(3):032101.
- José Leobardo Bañuelos, Guang Feng, Pasquale F. Fulvio, Song Li, Gernot Rother, Nikolas Arend, Antonio Faraone, Sheng Dai, Peter Cummings, David J. Wesolowski, “The Influence of a Hierarchical Porous Carbon Network on the Coherent Dynamics of a Nanoconfined Room Temperature Ionic Liquid: A Neutron Spin Echo and Atomistic Simulation Investigation”, Carbon, 2014, 78, 415-427.
- Song Li, Guang Feng, Peter T. Cummings, “Interfaces of Dicationic Ionic Liquids and Graphene: A Molecular Dynamics Simulation Study”, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 2014, 26, 284106.
- Song Li, Pengfei Zhang, Pasquale F. Fulvio, Guang Feng, Sheng Dai, Peter T. Cummings, “Enhanced Performance of Dicationic Ionic Liquid Electrolytes by Organic Solvent”, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 2014, 26, 284105.
- Song Li, Katherine L. Van Aken, John K. McDonough, Guang Feng, Yury Gogotsi, Peter T. Cummings, “The Electrical Double Layer Structure of Dicationic Ionic Liquids at Onion-Like Carbon Surface”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2014,118 (8), 3901–3909.
- José Leobardo Bañuelos, Guang Feng, Pasquale F. Fulvio, Song Li, Gernot Rother, Nikolas Arend, Antonio Faraone, Xiqing Wang, Sheng Dai, Peter Cummings, David J. Wesolowski, “Densification of Ionic Liquid Molecules within a Hierarchical Nanoporous Carbon Structure Revealed by Small-Angle Scattering and Molecular Dynamics Simulation”, Chemistry of Materials, 2014, 26 (2), 1144–1153.
- Katherine L. Van Aken, John K. McDonough, Song Li, Guang Feng, Suresh Chathoth, Eugene Mamontov, Pasquale F Fulvio, Peter T Cummings, Sheng Dai, Yury Gogotsi, “Effect of cation on diffusion coefficient of ionic liquids at onion-like carbon electrodes”, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 2014, 26, 284104.
- Ahmet Uysal, Hua Zhou, Guang Feng, Sang Soo Lee, Song Li, Paul Fenter, Peter T. Cummings, Pasquale F. Fulvio, Sheng Dai, John McDonough, Yury Gogotsi, “Structural Origins of Potential Dependent Hysteresis at the Electrified Graphene/Ionic Liquid Interface”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2014, 118 (1): 569–574.
- Guang Feng, Song Li, Volker Presser, Peter T. Cummings, “Molecular Insights into Carbon Supercapacitors Based on Room Temperature Ionic Liquids”, Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 2013, 4(19): 3367−3376.
- Song Li, Guang Feng, José Leobardo Bañuelos, Gernot Rother, Pasquale F. Fulvio, Sheng Dai, Peter T. Cummings, “Distinctive Nanoscale Organization of Dicationic versus Monocationic Ionic Liquids”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2013, 117(35): 18251- 18257.
- Song Li, Kee Sung Han, Guang Feng, Edwards W. Hagaman, Lukas Vlcek, Peter T. Cummings, “Dynamic and Structural Properties of Room Temperature Ionic Liquids near Silica and Carbon Surfaces”, Langmuir, 2013, 29(31): 9744-9749.
- Guang Feng, Song Li, Jennifer S. Atchison, Volker Presser, Peter T. Cummings, “Molecular Insights into Carbon Nanotube Supercapacitors: Capacitance Independent of Voltage and Temperature”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2013, 117 (18): 9178–9186.
- Song Li, Xiongce Zhao, Yiming Mo, Peter T. Cummings, William T. Heller, “Human serum albumin interactions with C60 fullerene studied by spectroscopy, small-angle neutron scattering, and molecular dynamics simulations”, Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 2013, 15(7):1769.
- Kee Sung Han, Song Li, Edwards W. Hagaman, Gary A. Baker, Peter T. Cummings, Sheng Dai, “Rotational and Translational Dynamics of N-butyl-N-methylpiperidinium Trifluoromethanesulfonimide Ionic Liquids Studied by NMR and MD Simulations”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2012,116(39): 20779-20786.
- Song Li, Guang Feng, Pasquale F. Fulvio, Patrick C. Hillesheim, Chen Liao, Sheng Dai, Peter T. Cummings, “Molecular Dynamics Simulation Study of the Capacitive Performance of a Binary Mixture of Ionic Liquids near an Onion-like Carbon Electrode”, Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 2012, 3(17): 2465-2469.
- Song Li, José Leobardo Bañuelos, Jianchang Guo, Larry M. Anovitz, Gernot Rother, Robert. W. Shaw, Patrick. C. Hillesheim, Sheng Dai, Gary. A. Baker, and Peter T. Cummings, “Alkyl Chain Length and Temperature Effects on Structural Properties of Pyrrolidinium-Based Ionic Liquids: A Combined Atomistic Simulation and Small-Angle X-ray Scattering Study”, Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 2012, 3(1):125−130.
Awards and Honors
- Li Heritage Foundation Prize (one of the annual two winners, $ 40,000 cash prize), 2016;
- Hubei Province “Chutian Scholar”, 2015;
- Distinguished Record of Graduate Research Award by Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Vanderbilt University, 2014;
- Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-Financed Students Abroad, 2013.
Hydrogen Energy and Fuel Cells (BA course)
Professional English (BA course)
Carbon emission Accounting and Carbon Capture(BA course)
Login and edit information
1. National Natural Science Foundation of China (Project No. 51606081), January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2019, Principal Investigator.
2.Basic Research of Shenzhen City, January 1, 2017 to December 1, 2018, Principal Investigator.
3. Seed Foundation of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2017,Principal Investigator.
4. Li Heritage Prize Foundation, Feburary 2016 to Feburary 2017, Principal Investigator.